Here at West Central Equipment, we value our employee’s contribution to the company. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to offer the outstanding service our customers have become accustomed to. This is why we feel it’s important to offer a full range of benefits to our employees.
We offer a variety of different packages and plans to help with the different circumstances and goals that our employees may have.
Life Insurance – The company recognizes the importance of Life Insurance protection so we provide a $50,000 Life insurance policy to all full-time employees completely paid for by the company.
Short Term Disability – We offer 26-weeks of Short Term Disability Insurance. This cost is covered completely by the company.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance – West Central Equipment also provides Workers’ Compensation Insurance if one would be injured or ill on the job.
Employee Assistance Program – The company provides an Employee Assistance Program to provide support, resources, and information for personal and work-life issues free of charge for employees.
Company and Employee Share the Cost
Medical - Employees have two Cigna medical benefit options to choose from, a low deductible PPO (Prefered Provider Organization) plan, or a higher deductible PPO plan paired with an HSA (Health Savings Account). The company pays 80% of premiums for the standard PPO, and 90% for the HSA plan.
- Preferred Provider Organization – This means you are not restricted to a certain physician. You can visit any physician in the Cigna provider network.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – You are able to open one of these individually owned accounts if you are enrolled in our High Deductible Health Plan. This account allows an employee to set aside pre-tax dollars for medical expenses. With an HSA, you can deposit money tax-free and it will grow tax-free!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - We offer the ability to save on taxes by opening a Flexible Spending Account. These tax-advantaged accounts let you pay for your out-of-pocket health and dependent care costs with tax-free dollars.
- Teladoc - Teladoc is a telemedicine company that uses telephone and videoconferencing technology to provide on-demand remote medical care via mobile devices, the internet, video, and phone. This service is provided to all employees who are enrolled in a healthcare plan.
Dental – A Humana Dental insurance plan is also provided to employees.
Employee Funded at Group Rates
Vision – Employees have access to a Humana Vision plan as well at a competitive cost.
Aflac – Aflac is a supplemental insurance plan that you can purchase to help pay for out of pocket expenses that your regular insurance may not cover.
Paid Time Off
Holidays – 7 Paid Holidays are given throughout the year to employees.
- On January 1 of the first full calendar year of employment – 10 paid vacation days per year
- On January 1 of the eighth full calendar year of employment – 15 paid vacation days per year
- Up to 50 days of vacation can be carried over to subsequent years if not used in the year it was allocated
- On January 1 of the first full calendar year of employment – 4 paid sick/personal days per year
- Up to 20 days of sick/personal time can be carried over to subsequent years if not used in the year it was allocated
Employee Discount – Employees may purchase up to $1,000 in merchandise from our stores each year at our cost. Additional purchases in any given year are at a discount to the employee based on the store manager’s approval of the discount amount.
Retirement Savings Plan
401(K) Plan – West Central Equipment offers a 401(k) retirement savings plan. We will match 100% on the first 3% and 50% on the next 2% of employee income contributed by the employee. Employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan after 6 months and 500 hours worked.